It’s Not Just Controversial Speakers Who Are Silenced By Threats. Students Like Me Are, Too.
When I arrived on campus, I was immediately introduced to a new set of rules for social etiquette.
One of my first days at school, I referred to myself as a “freshman.” An older student overheard my conversation, and told me I should instead call myself a “first year,” as “freshman” is a gendered term and could be offensive to my classmates.
Numbers as of last Friday close.
- Gold: 1,251.70 (+4.60)
- Reuters-Jeffries CRB: 185.08 (+2.57)
- Total Govt Spend as % of GDP: 36.5%
- Quarterly Gross Output (GO): $40.6 trillion +6.2% (GO for Q4 2016)
[Total = Federal, state & local
Some titles recent, all recommended -
- Future: Economic Peril or Prosperity?
by Sen. Rand Paul
- Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign
by Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes
- Money Free and Unfree
by George Selgin
- Stolen Sovereignty: How to Stop Unelected Judges from Transforming America
by Daniel Horowitz
- Lukewarming: The New Climate Science that Changes Everything
by Patrick J. Michaels and Chip Knappenberger
Special Video Feature
Shadow Stats Snapshot
ShadowStats alternate economic indicators are based on the methodology of noted economist John Williams, specialist in government economic reporting.
Shadow Stats: 22.1%
April Year-to-Year: 2.20% (CPI-U*)
Shadow Stats: 10.0%
*[cpi-u is the Bureau of Labor Statistics inflation rate for all urban consumers]