SIGN OUR PETITION
Americans need a health care bill that serves needs of individuals—not those of Washington and big corporations.
Compassionate Capitalism Made Me a Conservative
I saw first hand what it means to be a capitalist. I started a business with my husband and lived through the challenges and failures that every entrepreneur faces.
And I witnessed the sacrifices that other business founders, leaders and entrepreneurs make to get their startups off the ground. I saw how they jeopardised their own livelihoods and that of their families, to create jobs for others. And how much they give back both to their communities and to their employees.
Numbers as of last Friday close.
[Total = Federal, state & local
- Quarterly Gross Output (GO): $41.2 trillion +6.0% (GO for Q1 2017)
Some titles recent, all recommended -
- Free People, Free Markets
by George Melloan
- The Land of Enterprise: A Business History of the United States
by Benjamin C. Waterhouse
- Smashing the DC Monopoly
by Dr. Tom Coburn
- A Pope and a President: John Paul II, Ronald Reagan, and the Extraordinary Untold Story of the 20th Century
by Paul Kengor
- Fools, Frauds and Firebrands: Thinkers of the New Left
by Roger Scruton
Special Video Feature
Shadow Stats Snapshot
ShadowStats alternate economic indicators are based on the methodology of noted economist John Williams, specialist in government economic reporting.
Shadow Stats: 22.2%
August Year-to-Year: 1.73% (CPI-U*)
Shadow Stats: 9.4%
*[cpi-u is the Bureau of Labor Statistics inflation rate for all urban consumers]