Public School Was the Worst — Luckily I Had Options
Clara M. Brashear
Having the choice of where and how to get my education has been a fantastic journey for me so far. Even though I’ve never been technically homeschooled, I started schooling at home when I was in 6th grade. My experience in traditional public school taught me that overall, my natural curiosity and desire to learn was deteriorating due to many reasons, including early start times and a lack of sleep, lack of free time due to excess busy work, negative peer influences, and other environmental factors not conducive to learning. . .People don’t realize that the “one size fits all” public school track isn’t the only option.
Numbers as of last Friday close.
[Total = Federal, state & local
- Quarterly Gross Output (GO): $41.7 trillion +2.7% (Real GO for Q3 2017)
Some titles recent, all recommended -
- Billionaire at the Barricades: The Populist Revolution from Reagan to Trump
by Laura Ingraham
- The Case against Education: Why the Education System Is a Waste of Time and Money
by Bryan Caplan
- The Revolution at Ten Years
by Dr. Ron Paul
- Real Inspiring True Stories of Courage, Character, and Conviction
by Lawrence W. Reed
- The Capitalist Code: It Can Save Your Life and Make You Very Rich
by Ben Stein
Special Video Feature
Shadow Stats Snapshot
ShadowStats alternate economic indicators are based on the methodology of noted economist John Williams, specialist in government economic reporting.
Shadow Stats: 21.8%
January Year-to-Year: 2.11% (CPI-U*)
Shadow Stats: 9.9%
*[cpi-u is the Bureau of Labor Statistics inflation rate for all urban consumers]