How I Got Mugged by Reality and Became a Conservative
Going through a public school system and being taught by teachers who more than lean to the left, my thoughts and ideas were incubated in a bubble of combined confirmation of bias and an arrogant self-assurance. When I started college, I was almost a textbook urban, liberal democrat. ...
Then, to quote Alan Greenspan, I “got mugged by Reality.” I began to have experiences that challenged my worldview. I worked in my local government as an accounting intern for the Department of Streets and I took courses in Economics, but, perhaps most importantly, I realized how empowering conservative ideology can be as a worldview.
Numbers as of last Friday close.
[Total = Federal, state & local
- Quarterly Gross Output (GO): $42.7 trillion +5.6% (Real GO for Q4 2017)
Some titles recent, all recommended -
- The Capitalist Comeback: The Trump Boom and the Left's Plot to Stop It
by Andrew Puzder
- Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends
by Peter Schweizer
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Choas
by Jordan Peterson
- One Nation Under Gold: How One Precious Metal Has Dominated the American Imagination for Four Centuries
by James Ledbetter
- The Administrative Threat
by Philip Hamburg
Special Video Feature
Shadow Stats Snapshot
ShadowStats alternate economic indicators are based on the methodology of noted economist John Williams, specialist in government economic reporting.
Shadow Stats: 21.5%
May Year-to-Year: 2.46% (CPI-U*)
Shadow Stats: 9.9%
*[cpi-u is the Bureau of Labor Statistics inflation rate for all urban consumers]