Thank You To My Liberal College For Turning Me Conservative
By the end of my freshman year at George Washington University, I took an introductory comparative politics class where when asked if the middle class is needed for a democracy to survive, I replied that the Bill of Rights is more important than socioeconomic classes.
Numbers as of last Friday close.
[Total = Federal, state & local
- Quarterly Gross Output (GO): $40.6 trillion +6.2% (GO for Q4 2016)
Some titles recent, all recommended -
- The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis--and How to Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance
by Ben Sasse
- The Smear: How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think, and How You Vote
by Sharyl Attkisson
- A Student's Guide to Liberal Learning
by James V. Schall
- Rediscovering Americanism: And the Tyranny of Progressivism
by Mark Levin
- Capitalism, Socialism, and Democracy
by Joseph A. Schumpeter
Special Video Feature
Shadow Stats Snapshot
ShadowStats alternate economic indicators are based on the methodology of noted economist John Williams, specialist in government economic reporting.
Shadow Stats: 22.0%
May Year-to-Year: 1.87% (CPI-U*)
Shadow Stats: 9.6%
*[cpi-u is the Bureau of Labor Statistics inflation rate for all urban consumers]