SIGN OUR PETITION
Americans need a health care bill that serves needs of individuals—not those of Washington and big corporations.
Thank You To My Liberal College For Turning Me Conservative
By the end of my freshman year at George Washington University, I took an introductory comparative politics class where when asked if the middle class is needed for a democracy to survive, I replied that the Bill of Rights is more important than socioeconomic classes.
Numbers as of last Friday close.
[Total = Federal, state & local
- Quarterly Gross Output (GO): $41.2 trillion +6.0% (GO for Q1 2017)
Some titles recent, all recommended -
- Free People, Free Markets
by George Melloan
- The Land of Enterprise: A Business History of the United States
by Benjamin C. Waterhouse
- Smashing the DC Monopoly
by Dr. Tom Coburn
- A Pope and a President: John Paul II, Ronald Reagan, and the Extraordinary Untold Story of the 20th Century
by Paul Kengor
- Fools, Frauds and Firebrands: Thinkers of the New Left
by Roger Scruton
Special Video Feature
Shadow Stats Snapshot
ShadowStats alternate economic indicators are based on the methodology of noted economist John Williams, specialist in government economic reporting.
Shadow Stats: 22.1%
July Year-to-Year: 1.73% (CPI-U*)
Shadow Stats: 9.4%
*[cpi-u is the Bureau of Labor Statistics inflation rate for all urban consumers]