Roger Goodell 'Wants $50 Million A Year And A Private Jet For LIFE To Stay On As Head Of The NFL’
Chris Pleasance, Daily Mail
- NFL Compensation Committee currently debating future contract for chairman
- Roger Goodell has reportedly demanded $50million a year, up from $30million
- He also 'wants the use of a private jet for life and health insurance for his family'
- Jerry Jones, Cowboys owner, is fighting to have a say over Goodell's pay package
- Jones' issue with Goodell appears to stem from Ezekiel Elliott's treatment
Roger Goodell has demanded $50million per year and a private jet for life in order to stay on as NFL chairman, it has been reported.
Goodell made the demands in a written counterproposal to the six-man NFL Compensation Committee which is due to debate his pay package on Monday, sources told ESPN.
Earlier this year all 32 NFL team owners voted to renew Goodell's contract, which runs until 2019, and nominated the committee to negotiate on their behalf.
But amid plummeting viewer numbers and anger over anthem protests, some owners are now fighting to take matters back into their own hands.
Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, has threatened to block Goodell's new contract with a lawsuit unless all owners are given a say on terms.