How I Got Mugged by Reality and Became a Conservative
Going through a public school system and being taught by teachers who more than lean to the left, my thoughts and ideas were incubated in a bubble of combined confirmation of bias and an arrogant self-assurance. When I started college, I was almost a textbook urban, liberal democrat. ...
Then, to quote Alan Greenspan, I “got mugged by Reality.” I began to have experiences that challenged my worldview. I worked in my local government as an accounting intern for the Department of Streets and I took courses in Economics, but, perhaps most importantly, I realized how empowering conservative ideology can be as a worldview.
Some titles recent, all recommended -
- The Capitalist Comeback: The Trump Boom and the Left's Plot to Stop It
by Andrew Puzder
- Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends
by Peter Schweizer
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Choas
by Jordan Peterson
- One Nation Under Gold: How One Precious Metal Has Dominated the American Imagination for Four Centuries
by James Ledbetter
- The Administrative Threat
by Philip Hamburg
Special Video Feature
Numbers as of last Friday close.
[Total = Federal, state & local
- Quarterly Gross Output (GO): $42.7 trillion +5.6% (Real GO for Q4 2017)